Sunday, March 18, 2012

Buying and Selling in SWTOR

There are a couple of ways to gain wealth in SWTOR. The first and most common way is by looting. When you defeat an enemy or creature in SWTOR, you have the ability to loot them for dropped items or credits. Credits is the currency in SWTOR. Some of the items you loot are items that your character can use. Other items you sell to vendors for credits. There are many different types of vendors in SWTOR. There are vendors that sell protective armor and clothing, vendors that sell weapons,
Equipment and Weapon Modification
vendors that sell healing and enhancements,
Healing Devices and Ability Stims
and vendors that sell items to help you gain your companions' favor.
Companion Gifts
Players do have their own market where they can sell items that they have looted or crafted.
Imperial Galactic Trade Network - Character Generated Sales
Currently there is not much in this market that I can find of value to my character. This I believe is because SWTOR is a new virtual world, and the player's market hasn't been completely populated yet.

There are other types of currency. There are what is called accommodation currency. If you collect these from random loot drops, to completing special missions, you can gather enough to be able to purchase top grade items from a specialty vendor.
Specialty Goods
The economic balance appears to be well and good. I have been able to purchase what I needed, but I have also not been able to purchase everything. I am trying to work on my crafting to try and get into the player market. I would like to see if crafted items will sell for the cost of making that item, and a small profit. In my opinion though, the SWTOR economy is still in it's beginning stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment